It was a great hike…we rediscovered the Sam Merrill Trail at the top of Alta Dena. It’s a gently climbing, sunny trail that eventually connects to Mt. Lowe. We enjoyed the views for about half a mile then turned back to explore the old Cobb estate. We found ruins, a reservoir, graffiti, cactus and some strange metal retaining walls that may have been relics from World War II. And splendid panoramic views of the valley. A very good adventure!
- Wow. Lunch at Destroyer
- Mormon Rocks…more pictures
- Mormon Rocks
- Catching up…to the Flower Fields
- Celebrating International Women’s Day
- Don’t Diddle with Our Peace Cairn
- Cairn-ly Diorama at Big Bear Lake
- Uncrowded beach, are we really at Newport?
- Stumbling and bumbling into contemporary art in LA
- Koalas, rainbows and wild orchids (catching up)